The Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying is implementing AHIDF under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. Under AHIDF scheme, credit facility of Rs. 15,000 crores have been made available with the scheduled banks and other lending institution for encouraging the investments across the followings:
- Processing & value addition in dairy.
- Meat processing and value addition infrastructure.
- Animal feed plants.
- Breed improvement & multiplication through technology interventions including technologically assisted poultry farms.
Following are the eligible entities (EEs) for support under AHIDF:
- Farmer Producer Organization
- Private companies.
- Individual entrepreneurs.
- Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
The scheme has been devised to encourage investment by providing following benefits
- Loan upto 90% of estimated/ actual cost from lending institutions.
- No upper/ lower limit on loan amount and interest subvention amount.
- Three percent (3%) interest subvention by the Government of India on project loan sanctioned by lending institutions.
- Credit Guarantee covering up to 25% of the total borrowing to beneficiaries falling under MSME category.
Post Date: 29 Oct 2021