Honorable Prime Minister has announced for setting up of Rs. 15000 crore Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF) under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan stimulus package. The Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development (AHIDF) has been approved for incentivizing investments by individual entrepreneurs, private companies, MSME, Farmers Producers Organizations (FPOs) etc. for
(i) the dairy processing and value addition infrastructure,
(ii) meat processing and value addition infrastructure and
(iii) Animal Feed Plant
(iv) Breed improvement technology and Breed multiplication farms.
The objectives of this AHIDF is to help increasing of milk and meat processing capacity and product diversification thereby providing greater access for unorganized rural milk and meat producers to organized milk and meat market.
To make available increased price realization for the producer.
To make available quality milk and meat products for the domestic consumer.
To fulfill the objective of protein enriched quality food requirement of the growing population of the country and prevent malnutrition in one of the highest malnourished children population in the world.
Develop entrepreneurship and generate employment.
To promote exports and increase the export contribution in the milk and meat sector.
To make available quality concentrated animals feed to the cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, pig and poultry to provide balanced ration at affordable prices.
Let us know more about Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund
1. What is AHIDF?
The Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development (AHIDF) is a Central Sector Scheme under the Prime Minister’s Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan stimulus package for incentivizing investments (i) the dairy processing and value addition infrastructure, (ii) meat processing and value addition infrastructure and (iii) Animal Feed Plant with budget allocation of Rs.15000 crore.
2. What activities can be covered under Meat Sector?
A. Establishment of new meat processing unit and strengthening of existing meat processing facilities for sheep,goat,poultry,pig and buffalo in rural, semi-urban and urban areas.
B. Establishment of large scale integrated meat processing facilities.
C. Establishment of new or strengthening of existing value addition facilities for meat products like Sausage, nuggets, ham, salami, bacon or any other meat products. These facilities could either be integral part of meat processing units or Standalone meat value addition unit.
3. What activities can be supported related to animal feed?
1. Establishment of Animal Feed manufacturing and strengthening of existing units.
2. Establishment of Mini, Medium and Large Animal Feed Plant, Total Mixed Ration Block Making Unit, By pass protein unit, Mineral Mixture Plant, Enrich Silage making unit, Animal Feed Testing Laboratory and any other activities related to animal feed manufacturing.
4. What will be the loan amount for a beneficiary under AHIDF?
The project under the AHIDF shall be eligible for loan up to 90% of the estimated actual project cost from the Scheduled Bank based on submission of viable projects by eligible beneficiaries.
5. What will be the beneficiary contribution?
The beneficiary contribution in case of Micro and Small units as per MSME defined ceiling could be 10% while in case of Medium Enterprises as per defined MSME ceiling, beneficiary contribution could go up to 15%. The beneficiary contribution in other categories of enterprises could go up to 25%.
6. Whether any credit guarantee is provided under the scheme?
1. Yes, the credit guarantee will be provided only for those projects which are viable and are covered under MSME defined ceilings and the guarantee coverage would be up to 25% of the credit facility available to the borrower.
2. The Credit Guarantee will not be provided to other beneficiaries who are not covered under MSME norms, however, those EEs will be eligible to get interest subvention.
7 .How can an entity submit a proposal and what is the process?
- The eligible entity will submit the proposal with complete DPR through “Udyami Mitra” Portal developed by Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi).
Post Date: 07 Jan 2022